Fyxt RPG Character Styles
Character Style in the Fyxt Role Play Game System reflects the overall attitude and personality of a character. It’s somewhat similar to alignment in Dungeons and Dragons, but with more freedom. Choosing a character style will offer you different benefits depending on your choices, but you are not bound to this style and will not lose character bonuses if you deviate from your Character Style during Fyxt RPG game play.
Before you choose a Character Style, read up on the idea and philosophy of creating a player character in the Fyxt RPG system. Refer to What Character to Play. Once you have a general idea about your character, you can determine the Character Style.
There are three basic Character Styles. These three styles will round out your overall character idea and should really help you to bring your character into focus.
An Aggressor Style character is one who is primarily focused on attacking instead of defending. Aggressors are the ones that usually throw the first punch in a fight. Aggressors are focused on hurting or stopping their enemies, as opposed to watching over their allies.
- Aggressor characters will often charge enemies rather than sticking with allies.
- Aggressor characters add a Build Bonus equal to their Tier to all Attacks.
A Neutral Style character will use skills, diplomacy, or non-damaging powers to attempt to resolve conflict, trying to avoid combat.
- Neutral characters usually try to avoid battle.
- Neutral characters add a Build Bonus equal to their Tier to all Skills.
A Protector Style character is one that is primarily focused on defense of self or others. Protectors rarely throw the first punch in a fight. Protectors defend not only themselves but often focus on protecting and aiding those in need.
- Protectors usually remain around their allies, offering aid.
- Protector characters add a Build Bonus equal to their Tier to all Defenses.
Once a player has chosen a character Style, the next step of character generation is Character Focus.