Fyxt RPG Character Focus: Focused
In the Fyxt RPG system, a Focused character is one that has many different talents, but specializes on one area, which is more powerful than the others. These characters are good at this one thing, but also have skill in other areas to back up their main one.
Focused Characters are Specialized
Focused characters spread their abilities across all three of their Disciplines, but the most Power Points will be in their Primary Discipline. Focused characters have fewer Power Points in their Secondary Discipline than their Primary Discipline. They even have a few Power Points in their Tertiary Discipline, but it is the weakest pool of the three.
Focused characters can have many reasons to choose to be Focused, but usually it comes from a desire to do one thing well while having some versatility to be able to handle different situations.
Focused Power Points
Focused characters in Fyxt have different base Power Pool Points in each of the three Disciplines they choose. Their Primary Power Discipline will have the most, while their Tertiary Discipline will have the least. Focused characters have a medium amount of total Power Points. Focused characters end up having both a few strong Powers along with many smaller Powers they can use to handle a variety of situations.
Focused characters are usually somewhat adaptable to situations because they still have the three Power Disciplines available to them.
Choose a Character Focus of Focused if you want your character to have some strong Powers along with many weaker ones to back them up.
Examples of Focused Characters
Focused characters should have a specialty, but still be built to handle a wide variety of situations. Here are a few examples:
This is a paladin whose primary purpose is fighting the enemy in battle, but will also have some abilities to enhance themselves or allies along with some weak healing.
- Primary Discipline – Offensive Combatant (To harm and hinder foes)
- Secondary Discipline – Defensive Combatant (To help self and allies in battle)
- Tertiary Discipline – Defensive Mystic (To have a few small healing abilities)
This Army Ranger has a primary role of scouting and aiding allies but can fight when needed or fill the roles of other allies should they fall or become incapacitated in battle.
- Primary Discipline – Defensive Generalist (Skill boosts to aid self and allies against enemies)
- Secondary Discipline – Offensive Combatant (To tackle enemies when they must be killed)
- Tertiary Discipline – Defensive Generalist (A little healing and other aid to allies)
This Battle Mage’s job is to wreak destruction on the foes of the king. This mage wants to have lots of different types of Offensive Powers to handle anything an enemy might throw at it. In a pinch the mage has a few hand to hand combat techniques it can use.
- Primary Discipline – Offensive Mystic (To blast and hurt enemies)
- Secondary Discipline – Offensive Mystic (More blasting of enemies)
- Tertiary Discipline – Offensive Mystic (These hurt enemies but in hand to hand combat)