Fyxt RPG Character Focus: Balanced
In the Fyxt Role Play Game System, a Balanced character is one that has many different talents. None of which are more powerful than the others. They are the characters that are good at a great many things, but a master of none.
Balanced Characters are Versatile
Balanced characters can have many reasons to choose to be balanced, but usually it comes from a desire to do many different things well.
Balanced Power Points
Balanced characters in Fyxt have the same base Power Pool Points in each of the three Disciplines they choose. The maximum points are going to be lower than the other character focuses can attain. The tradeoff is that Balanced characters end up having more total Power Points they can spend on Powers. However, these powers will ultimately be weaker than those of other character focuses.
Balanced characters are usually more adaptable to many different situations and have the Power Points available to make many powers that can help out in a wide variety of situations.
Choose a Character Focus of Balanced if you want your character to have many Powers across more Disciplines rather than having fewer, more powerful Powers.
Examples of Balanced Characters
Balanced characters should be built to handle a wide variety of situations. Here are a few examples:
This is a rogue that wants to be able to handle combat, heal and help friends while being good at many skills. Here is how the Power Disciplines might be arranged.
- Primary Discipline – Offensive Combatant (To harm and hinder foes)
- Secondary Discipline – Defensive Mystic (To heal and buff allies)
- Tertiary Discipline – Defensive Generalist (To boost skills such as Subterfuge)
The ambassador strives to get through all situations by talking their way through the situation, and only after this fails would they resort to such barbaric tactics as violence.
- Primary Discipline – Offensive Generalist (To lower resistances to negotiations)
- Secondary Discipline – Defensive Generalist (To boost skills such as Insight and Social)
- Tertiary Discipline – Offensive Combatant (To blast enemies when they cannot swayed)
A balanced combat medic is devoted to keeping their party alive through thick and thin using as many different techniques. They can also turn these techniques onto their enemies if needed.
- Primary Discipline – Defensive Mystic (To heal and buff allies)
- Secondary Discipline – Offensive Generalist (Lower Defense and skills of enemies)
- Tertiary Discipline – Defensive Combatant (Buff and improve combat abilities)