GM Suggestions


This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kyoti 2 years, 9 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #6264

    kyoti
    Participant

      As a GM it would be really nice if the NPC generator had a feature to check a box for “Create Custom Powers” that cleared all of the suggested powers that were auto assigned.

      It would also be nice to see a check box that would allow me to exceed the suggested trait point cap, for groups like ours that use SPABs.

      I also don’t see every option for Specialties in the drop down for NPCs in the generator. That would be helpful.

      And for NPCs over 20th level it would be nice to see higher power caps (like 27d20 for a 27th level Boss for example)

      It would also be nice to lift the cap on Powers per NPC level. At least to the point that we can spend all of their power points.

    • #6569

      Fyxt RPG Master
      Keymaster

        Thanks a ton for posting these man. I will take a look at the requests and get them added to the dev list of enhancements.

      • #6571

        Fyxt RPG Master
        Keymaster

          Let me address each of these directly to clear up some things.

          @kyoti wrote:

          As a GM it would be really nice if the NPC generator had a feature to check a box for “Create Custom Powers” that cleared all of the suggested powers that were auto assigned.

          Great idea! Added to the to-do list. This also spawned a few other ideas for usability that I will add.

          @kyoti wrote:

          It would also be nice to see a check box that would allow me to exceed the suggested trait point cap, for groups like ours that use SPABs.

          The validator on the base character will probably not change. This is to help GMs to make sure they stay within the acceptable range of NPC strength.

          You should be able to add SPABs to NPCs just like PCs. This would be the best way to counter PCs that have SPABS.

          @kyoti wrote:

          I also don’t see every option for Specialties in the drop down for NPCs in the generator. That would be helpful.

          Specialties for NPCs are filtered due to the fact that there are many that are good for PCs but not really useful for NPCs. Are there specific Specialties that do not appear that you would like to? I can modify the filter for those if need be.

          @kyoti wrote:

          And for NPCs over 20th level it would be nice to see higher power caps (like 27d20 for a 27th level Boss for example)

          Great observation. This is added to the list. For now add extra damage, bleed, or creatures to get the most bang for your buck. I hope to add these higher level effects in as preparation for PC advancement over 20th level.

          @kyoti wrote:

          It would also be nice to lift the cap on Powers per NPC level. At least to the point that we can spend all of their power points.

          Power Point caps and limits are carefully calculated to insure that NPCs fall into a certain strength level. These are unlikely to change. As far as spending Power Points, NPCs are not designed to necessarily spend all of their Powers. They are there as a “if needed” for GMs. Minion, Grunts, and Specialists may not spend all their Points. Champions and Bosses will likely spend all of their Points.

          The Power Point pool basically gives them a certain amount of versatility. The Power Point Cap gives them a certain amount of strength.

        • #6572

          kyoti
          Participant

            Okay… I suspect this will all change by the next time I GM anyway…

          You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

          Members Currently Active: 0
          No users are currently active
          Members active within the past 24 hours: 0
          Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
          Additional Forum Statistics
          Threads: 146, Posts: 233, Members: 572
          Welcome to our newest member, tornamo
          Most users ever online was 8 on June 10, 2017 5:15 am