Digitally Enhanced Free to Play Universal RPG | Fyxt RPG › Forums › Service News and Announcements › Fyxt RPG Service Updates › Fyxt RPG Maintenance Update Notes for 4-21-2016 | Defenses and Durability
Tagged: Account Features, Advanced, Advanced Fyxt RPG, Announcement, Beta, Change, Character, Defense, Durability, Enhancements, final, Fix, Fixes, Fyxt Role Play Game System, Fyxt Role Playing Game, Fyxt RPG, Information, Maintenance, Mechanics, Membership, New, Optimizations, Optional, Optional Fyxt RPG, PC, Play, Player, Powers, Premium, Premium Account, Role Playing Game, Roleplaying, Roleplaying Game, RPG, Server, Tabletop, Update
April 21, 2016 at 10:43 pm #7431Fyxt RPG MasterKeymaster
Vitality Now Durability and Does More!
Last week I added Vitality to the game in an effort to address a glaring imbalance between characters with balanced Traits and those with Traits that were min/maxed. This addressed half the issue, but still left balanced characters wanting. To help bolster this I have changed Vitality to Durability. The name change is better suited to what Durability (Vitality) now does, changes Hit Points and Defenses.
A new modifier may now be present on the character sheet if a character’s Durability goes over 100%, a Defense Bonus field. This will be found under the Defenses for the character. For those characters that have Durability over 100 they will also gain a Defense Bonus to all Defenses. This should help make the Tank (balanced), more Tanky and desirable to play! Without this change Hit Points increased but Defenses still poor. Defenses were difficult, if not impossible, to increase to a point that they would make a difference. This is why this additional defensive modifier was added. Now, if you want to build a defensive character it can be really defensive! The Defense Bonus comes from Durability which is calculated by the disparity of a character’s Traits. It is not a character stat that can be directly modified.
Static Power Point Pools!
Another change to make character management much easier is removing character Traits from directly influencing a character Power Points. As an example, this got tricky when a character died. When a character dies, all Traits drop by 1. This in turn lowered Power Points making any Powers that were capped out unusable. In some cases this made it so some characters would not have any Powers left that they were able to use. This is too much of a penalty and goes against the spirit of Fyxt. Plus it added more complication than advantage.
So instead now Power Points are calculated on a static table and are not modified by a character’s Traits. A small boost has been given to the Power Point tables to represent the average increase that many characters enjoyed. Most characters should see a slight increase in their Power Point Pools.
I wanted to thank everyone for their patience and understanding as I try to as much as I can into the end of Beta!
Maintenance Release Notes
- Defense Bonus Field (add this foo!) This field shows what your Defense Bonus is due to your Durability.
- New Powers added.
- New NPC’s added.
- New RPG memes added.
- New RPG Motivational Posters added.
- Skill Point error reporting. In some cases it was not showing error if too many points were spent on a single skill.
- Backend server code optimization.
- Several website speed increases implemented.
- Please let me know if you notice JS not working on something. Thanks!
- Vitality is now called Durability. This represents a wider change to the character depending on Trait disparity.
- Traits no longer directly affect how many Power Points are available per discipline. These are now calculated from a static pool.
- A Defense Bonus has been added to characters related to how high their Durability is. If Durability is 100% or more a Defense Bonus will be added.
- New servers, website should be a lot faster.
- Changed a few errors from warnings to suggestions.
- Added some more descriptive text to errors and suggestions to help players optimize their characters.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Post concerns on our forums:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.