One of the awesome things about the Fyxt RPG is that players can make their own custom Fyxt RPG content. Players can then contribute their creations to the Fyxt RPG. Accepted submissions can be seen publicly and count toward Fyxt RPG Account Feature rewards. Player Characters, Non Player Characters, Powers, and Fyxt RPG Items can all be created by players. To ensure that top-quality Fyxt RPG content submissions are available for the Fyxt community, a set of criteria exists for player-built creations. Once a submission passes the Fyxt RPG content criteria, it will be released publicly for everyone to enjoy.
To help foster an always-expanding Fyxt RPG, rewards will be offered whenever possible for Fyxt RPG Contributors that submit Contributed Fyxt RPG content. The rewards offered will depend upon the type of Fyxt RPG content. Due to the dynamic environment of the Fyxt RPG, these rewards cannot be guaranteed. We will strive to encourage and reward as much as possible because the Fyxt Community is key to the creativity and growth that will make the Fyxt RPG the best role playing system available!
Submission Guideline for all Contributions
Here are some general guidelines that all entries should follow.
- Respecting Copyright
- Legal Fyxt RPG Content
- Completeness of Content
- Respect for Real People
- Adult Content (keep it to PG 13 and below)
In an effort to make this Fyxt RPG content available to the public in the fastest and most efficient way, there will be a “Three Strike Rule” for a submission. This means that if any submission gets three strikes or more (based on the criteria listed above), that submission will be rejected or denied. For more specifics for content Contribution, please see the sections below that relate directly to the Contribution type.
Player Character Fyxt RPG Submissions
Here are the specifics for submitting Player Characters. Please keep in mind that bonuses for Contributing Player Characters and Non Player characters are based off overall levels of Player Character submissions, not each Character Contributed. This is to encourage Fyxt RPG users to make a variety of PC’s and NPC’s of different levels.
- Complete Character Submission: No Missing Sections (RP, Items, Powers, Leveling). Characters need to be something someone would want to play. Characters built with obvious flaws will be rejected. (Ex: Combatant with Spirit Maxed with only Mystic Disciplines. Unusual builds MUST have accompanying Character Notes in RP section to be considered.)
- Character Description
- All character stats entered and in line with Fyxt RPG rules.
- Role Play: Complete role play and history of character. Players need to be able to play the character as intended if they choose.
- Character Portrait Image
- 3 Entries each for Physical, Personality, Historical
- 1 Language minimum
- 1 Character Note Entry per character Tier
- 1 Equipped Item Per Tier
- 1 Unequipped Item Per Tier (Day-to-day useful items.)
- Regular Fyxt RPG Items: The items on the character must make sense and work for the character build and genre.
- Total Character Wealth (Not Standard Wealth).
- Powers: Power and Disciplines must be built and agree with overall concept.
- 90% of Power Points Spent
- If a Template Power is used, the name and description must be tailored to the character.
- All Powers must already be approved. If custom Powers were created for this character Contribute them prior to this character for approval.
- If a Power with another Character’s name and description is used, change the name and description to fit the Character. EX: If Character Joe the Barbarian is using Kar’ra’nor’s Vicious Attack, the name should be changed. Use the edit tab at the bottom of that character’s Edit Powers page to change it to Joe’s Vicious Attack.
- Leveling – All Leveling information must be complete, legal, and make sense for the character.
- Leveling Notes must be included for characters who need some explanation.
- GM Mods – Characters should not have any Mods. Detailed notes must be included with any GM Mod added.
- Expect most Mods to be deleted off a character if included. This will be considered a strike.
- Player Characters may be rejected back to the user. In this case, we think you are close to a great Fyxt submission but it needs a little more cleaning up. A Character Note will appear on the character to explain this. If this happens, just scrub through the character and fix the areas that do not quite meet the Fyxt RPG guidelines.
Non Player Character Fyxt RPG Submissions
Non player characters are a little more open than characters as far as what will be accepted. However, all considerations for Player Characters will be considered for NPCs with the following exceptions.
- 1 Language minimum only if it is an intelligent NPC.
- Items – Generally NPC’s don’t have specific items.
- If an NPC has items, NPC GM Mods should be deleted. Then PC rules will be used to look at Items.
- Powers – NPC’s can have a wide range of Powers. Some have a lot, some have few.
- Spend 50% Power Points.
- Leveling – NPC’s do not level.
- Specialties should be legal and make sense.
- Mods – NPCs normally use GM Mods. GM Mods are used to represent a NPC’s items, gear, and other things quickly and easily without having to add or build each little thing.
- Standard Mods are OK if they are no items.
- Additional GM Mods are also OK with satisfactory explanations of why they are added. These can often help to give the NPC the extra flavor it might need.
- Large or many different GM Mods that are bonuses should be offset by penalties. EX: +20 Mystic Defense, -10 to Combatant and Generalist Defenses.
- NPCs may be rejected back to the user. In this case, we think you are close to a great Fyxt submission but it needs a little more cleaning up. A Character Note will appear on the character to explain this. If this happens, just scrub through the NPC and fix the areas that do not quite meet the Fyxt RPG guidelines.
Power Fyxt RPG Submissions
Fyxt RPG Powers are awesome and nearly limitless. This means there can be a truly mind boggling amount of Powers that may be submitted. Some further considerations will have to be made to make sure the Power database does not get too big.
- Powers must be complete, legal, and follow all the generic standards presented so far.
- Powers with the exact duplicate effects and stats of another will likely be denied.
- Powers that cost 500 Power Points or more will likely be denied. There will not be many characters that will be able to use it. Most characters will not exceed 300 Power Points they can use on a single Power.
- Powers should have good, fun, descriptive explanations. If a specific action is not described for the action it will be denied. EX: “Power does 2d6 damage to 3×3 AOE.” This description will count as a strike. A better description might be; “Drawing your blades, you begin the sword kata, Crashing Waves, against your enemies in an area next to you.”
Item Fyxt RPG Submissions
Fyxt RPG Items are as awesome and nearly limitless as Fyxt RPG Powers are. This means there can be a truly mind boggling amount of items that may be submitted. Some considerations will have to be made to make sure the item database does not get too big.
- Fyxt RPG Items must be complete and legal and follow all the generic standards presented so far.
- Fyxt RPG Items with the exact duplicate effects and stats of another will likely be denied.
- Fyxt RPG Items that cost millions and millions of cash will likely be denied. There will not be many characters that will be able to purchase these. Exceptions will be made. As cool as a bunch of super crazy powerful items in the database would be it makes little sense to have them when few, if any, could actually use them.
- Fyxt RPG Items should have good, fun, descriptive explanations. If a specific action is not described for the action it will be denied. EX: “A weapon that grants +3 Attack and gives you Minor Reroll.” This description will count as a strike. A better description might be: “This highly polished dagger has a golden coin melted into the hilt. The great craftsmanship makes it much easier to defeat enemy’s Defenses. You also take note that it seems your luck has changed for the better since you found this fine dagger. You would swear that just when it things look like they are going wrong, the little jester on the coin winks and everything turns out ok.”
- Generic or repetitive non-effect items will be denied. Items that are just a shirt but range in cost from 1 to 100 will be rejected. For generic/non-effect items please post on the Fyxt RPG forums for additions if yours are denied. In most cases characters can select another item in the database and make these changes as custom changes on the character.
We hope that this set of guidelines and standards for the Fyxt RPG content Contributions helps users to submit the best quality content they can. We want all players of the Fyxt RPG to Contribute. We know each and every gamer can make the Fyxt RPG better. Through working together as the Fyxt RPG community, we should be able to make the best, most powerful, and most entertaining role play game around. If you have any further questions about submissions, please visit the Fyxt RPG forums and ask there. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.