The View Encounter page is just that, where the details of a single Encounter are displayed. Use this page to view the Encounter during a game. Don’t use the Encounter Generator because you may inadvertently change something.
If no Encounter is appearing find one with the Encounter Search page or the widget below that will show your customized Encounters.
- Goblin Ambush
- Traveling through the wilds of the area the PCs are on there guard. But even vigilant PCs will miss a carefully planned ambush! Camouflaged and waiting a group of goblins is set to attack the first juicy target that rolls through.
- What you need to know to prepare the PCs for this encounter.
This is a pretty straight forward Encounter. There is a group of goblins that have set up an ambush along a wagon trail. They use the vegetation as good cover and hiding places to wait for wagon full of goods they can steal. When the wagon gets close they leap from cover and attack!
As you daydream about the hot, fresh-cooked meal you will be enjoying soon, the bushes around the road erupt in movement! With a piercing battle cry, disgusting four-foot tall creatures with rough yellow skin charge at you! Wielding crude weapons, they close in quickly in an attempt to make short work of you and your allies!
The goblins are not sophisticated and will charge right in and attack. They are happy to let let everyone know that they can surrender if they don't want to die. However, the small goblins have a hard time being intimidating or very threatening.
One thing to keep in mind is that on the 2nd round of combat a Goblin Inciter will leap out. This goblin can heal and buff it's allies. Use this to keep the weaker enemies alive. PCs should turn their focus to the Goblin Inciter because it will make the fight much more difficult.
Springing up from the bushes 2 spaces away from (pick a wounded goblin if possible), you see another goblin appear. This one shouts and jibbers encouragement to the other goblins and seems to energize them.
Tossing goblin curses and taunts at his fellow goblins, the Goblin Inciter reminds them of the pain of failing the boss! This grants them bonuses to Attack.
At this point the Goblin Inciter shows up. This NPC has the ability to heal and buff the goblins. Their job is to try to keep the other goblins alive and fighting.
- Tactics the NPCs might use during this encounter.
- The goblins don't use many battle tactics. Simple Tactical Advantage will be used if it comes up but they mostly just attack whoever is closer. When the Goblin Inciter shows up have them try to keep their allies alive while staying out of the way and using cover behind rocks or trees. Keeping this NPC alive will make the fight harder and longer.
- What happens after the Encounter if the PCs win? What if they lose?
- If the PC win and kill all of the goblins they will find that these were relatively rich goblins. They must have been been doing this for awhile now. Total NPC Treasure is (522) which comes to (131) per player. If they are defeated or surrender they will not be killed. The goods in the cart will be stolen as well as any cash they have on them.
- Images to Enhance the Encounter
- Encounter Images can be a wide range of things from a map, terrian picture, image of a clue or item, or maybe a puzzle. Use these to enhance your Encounter and add depth and flavor to your games.
Are you unhappy with the Encounters you have to pick from? Create your very own customized Encounter with our generator.