The View Encounter page is just that, where the details of a single Encounter are displayed. Use this page to view the Encounter during a game. Don’t use the Encounter Generator because you may inadvertently change something.
If no Encounter is appearing find one with the Encounter Search page or the widget below that will show your customized Encounters.
- Haggling Over Guard Duty Pay
- If the PC's really want to haggle on about the pay they are to receive for the guard duty then they can try to negotiate higher rates. Encourage role playing this exchange out. Even though dice will be rolled to determine winners and losers this is still a great opportunity to get into character.
- What you need to know to prepare the PCs for this encounter.
If the PC’s want to haggle more money out of the merchant, they can. At this point the GM should move the game to Turn Time game mode. This is a game mode where everyone will take turns acting. In this situation, the order of turns will be determined by who naturally goes first. In this case, it would be the PC that starts haggling prices. Then each player will enter the order when they act the first round. Then, each round after they will remain in that order. This allows each player and the GM to get a chance to do something.
The PC that starts haggling prices will go first, and roll a Skill Check. This begins what is called a Skill Challenge. These are used frequently in the Fyxt RPG to moderate PC and NPC interactions that are not combat-oriented. In this case, the PC will roll either a Social Skill Check (trying to convince Jacob that they are worth more money) or a Scholar Skill Check (citing precedence of standard wages for guard duty). The PC can choose the skill that bests suits their character. Once they choose the skill with the highest modifier, they roll one 20 sided die (1d20) and add the skill number to their roll. The Random Dice Roller can also be used. It is very handy to keep this open in a separate tab or device when playing the Fyxt RPG.
- Tactics the NPCs might use during this encounter.
- The tactics for this Encounter are pretty straight forward, the PCs want more money and Jacob doesn't want to pay them more then initially offered. So Jacob will come up with all kinds of reasons not to, this represents his counter rolls in the debate over their pay.
- Haggle a Price
- Goal: The PC tries to haggle over a price. Success grants a 10% discount.
- Important Details: This Skill Challenge has an Easy Difficulty. This is an easy Skill Challenge because Jacob wants protection much more than he wants to save some money on that protection.
- What happens after the Encounter if the PCs win? What if they lose?
- If a PC rolls a Skill Check of 7 or higher, they are successful in their attempt. If not, they fail in their attempt. The GM keeps track of these successes and failures in their head or by using hash marks on a scratch piece of paper. At the end of the round, if there are more successes than failures, Jacob agrees to pay them their asking price (up to 100gp). If the PC’s fail, they will have to settle for 20 gp.
- Images to Enhance the Encounter
- Encounter Images can be a wide range of things from a map, terrian picture, image of a clue or item, or maybe a puzzle. Use these to enhance your Encounter and add depth and flavor to your games.
Are you unhappy with the Encounters you have to pick from? Create your very own customized Encounter with our generator.