The View Encounter page is just that, where the details of a single Encounter are displayed. Use this page to view the Encounter during a game. Don’t use the Encounter Generator because you may inadvertently change something.
If no Encounter is appearing find one with the Encounter Search page or the widget below that will show your customized Encounters.
- Guards Attack
- This is a generic Battle Time Encounter that GMs can use in any number of different games and settings. For some reason the PCs are wanted by the guards and are attacked.
- What you need to know to prepare the PCs for this encounter.
- This Battle Time Encounter can be used in a large number of situations. The basic run down of the Encounter is that the PCs are being pursued by some guards. Then the guards catch up and attack. It should be noted that the guards are lawful guards and will first ask the PCs to surrender so nobody gets hurt.GMs should feel free to modify the details of this Encounter to fit more closely into their game. However, this same Encounter can be used in many different situations.Included with this Encounter are a couple different battle maps that can be used. Or feel free to incorporate this into your own maps.Important Note: These guards are not out to kill the PCs. They just want to subdue them and take them Captive. However, if the PC's choose to kill any of the guards this may very well change.
Resource: Check out the Being Held Captive rules to easily handle how you can capture the PCs.
- Tactics the NPCs might use during this encounter.
- The guards do not have terribly good tactics but they will work well enough together to give each other Tactical Advantage and communicate during combat to adjust their basic strategy. They can and will adjust if need be. If any guards are killed the last 1 or 2 may run away. However, if they are just knocked out they are likely to stay and fight themselves as they are not willing to leave them behind.
- What happens after the Encounter if the PCs win? What if they lose?
- This Encounter can have several different conclusions. 1.) The guards can be killed and looted. This will certainly not sit well with authorities. 2.) They can be knocked out and looted. Not as bad, but will definitely turn up the heat on them. 3.) Just knocked out but unlikely to get a lot of extra pressure due to showing some kindness. 4.) The PCs themselves might get arrested. Any way you look at it the story after this Encounter should be a lot of fun!
- Images to Enhance the Encounter
- Encounter Images can be a wide range of things from a map, terrian picture, image of a clue or item, or maybe a puzzle. Use these to enhance your Encounter and add depth and flavor to your games.
Are you unhappy with the Encounters you have to pick from? Create your very own customized Encounter with our generator.