The View Encounter page is just that, where the details of a single Encounter are displayed. Use this page to view the Encounter during a game. Don’t use the Encounter Generator because you may inadvertently change something.
If no Encounter is appearing find one with the Encounter Search page or the widget below that will show your customized Encounters.
- Escape The Hanging Alligator Trap
- The PCs have been captured by the evil villain, Brain Freeze! They are tied up with ropes over pits in the sewers filled with alligators! The villain is there along with their goons to enjoy the death of our heroes.
- What you need to know to prepare the PCs for this encounter.
The PC’s are being held Captive by the villain Brain Freeze. They are tied up with ropes hanging over these pits in the sewer filled with alligators. Also, the ropes holding them up have been smeared with peanut butter and the rats of the sewer are beginning to feast on it. In doing so the rats are also slowly eating through the ropes. And if that wasn't enough, the ropes are anchored with icicle spikes so they will eventually melt dropping the heroes in. Brain Freeze is sure that the heroes cannot escape this time!
Captive is a game term to signal that you have been captured. While being Captive players are limited in what they can do. For more details on being Held Captive, see the main Held Captive page.
- Cannot use most Actions. Powers, Combat Maneuvers, and Basic Attacks cannot be used.
- Can use Minor Actions. Basic Minor Actions are available such as speaking, eating, dropping items etc.
- Can use Move Actions. A character may be able to move around depending on the situation.
- Minus the Captive’s Tier to Defenses. As a Captive, characters suffer their Character Tier to all Defenses.
As they are hanging there, the goons begin to get bored and distracted. They start to say things like the following:
- "They are not even screaming yet."
- "Let’s take selfies!"
- "Hehe! Oh look at this dank meme. Silly cat!"
- "Get one of me putting on the peanut butter."
- "Take a picture of me dabbing."
- "Oh that is a fat rat."
Now the PCs can act since the goons are distracted. Describe in more detail what they see.
Ropes are also pegged in with icicles so even if the rats don’t do their job… the ice will eventually melt and drop them in.
- Tactics the NPCs might use during this encounter.
- The goons are not very smart and easily distracted. However, they will react if the PCs are too loud or do things to get their attention. They goal is for the PCs to be subtle about what they do so they can escape. However, if they are failing many rolls then the goons should notice them. As GM work to set up the failure and that the goons are going to drop them in the pit.
- Escape Bonds
- Goal: The PCs need to wiggle free of their bonds.
- Important Details: The PCs need to work out how to free themselves from the rope bonds so they they can make their way out of the trap.
- Get Out Of Trap
- Goal: The PCs need to make their way out of the trap.
- Important Details: The PCs can use either of these skills to make their way out of the trap. They may climb, swing, or leap off the rope trap. They can also use Scholar to work out the best way to extricate ones self.
- Be Stealthy
- Goal: The PC tries to hide.
- Important Details: The PC's should sneak up to or away from the goons.
- What happens after the Encounter if the PCs win? What if they lose?
- If the PCs win this encounter they can engage or sneak away from the goons. They will get a +10 to Damage or Healing. If they fail they will be dropped into the alligator pit with a penalty to Defenses of -2, -1 Defense per Character Tier.
- Images to Enhance the Encounter
- Encounter Images can be a wide range of things from a map, terrian picture, image of a clue or item, or maybe a puzzle. Use these to enhance your Encounter and add depth and flavor to your games.
Are you unhappy with the Encounters you have to pick from? Create your very own customized Encounter with our generator.