The View Encounter page is just that, where the details of a single Encounter are displayed. Use this page to view the Encounter during a game. Don’t use the Encounter Generator because you may inadvertently change something.
If no Encounter is appearing find one with the Encounter Search page or the widget below that will show your customized Encounters.
- Map Discovery
- The PCs discover a map on one of the enemies they have killed. Who know's what fabulous treasures and memorable adventures await those brave enough to follow it!
- What you need to know to prepare the PCs for this encounter.
While the PC's are rifling thought the possessions of their enemies they happen to find a hand drawn map. This map does not really indicate what it leads to but it is obviously something of importance to the once they found it off of.
This is often a very easy hook to throw out to PCs to get them on a side quest or investigate something they may not have prior knowledge to.
While searching through the possessions of your fallen enemies, you find a crude map. It appears to have a marked route through some hills to a cave. This must be where their lair is.
- Tactics the NPCs might use during this encounter.
- There are not a lot of tactics that goes into an Encounter of this type. This is more of an Encounter to help feed information into a campaign and offer the party more choices as to the things they may be doing. And who know, this one little map may lead to riches, adventures, and glory!
- Real Time Encounters Have No Direct Additional Content
- Their may be some NPCs involved.
- Their may be a maps or really any other extra accesory to embellish this encounter.
- See Setup and Details for information.
- What happens after the Encounter if the PCs win? What if they lose?
- It is a pretty straight forward resolution to this Encounter. If the PCs decide to check out the map then they are off to adventure in that direction. If not, they can continue along the path they were following. If this leads to something that you as the GM really want the party to investigate you can push them, offer more tantalizing rewards for the effort, or perhaps have other NPCs show up looking for this map.
- Images to Enhance the Encounter
- Encounter Images can be a wide range of things from a map, terrian picture, image of a clue or item, or maybe a puzzle. Use these to enhance your Encounter and add depth and flavor to your games.
Are you unhappy with the Encounters you have to pick from? Create your very own customized Encounter with our generator.