The View Encounter page is just that, where the details of a single Encounter are displayed. Use this page to view the Encounter during a game. Don’t use the Encounter Generator because you may inadvertently change something.
If no Encounter is appearing find one with the Encounter Search page or the widget below that will show your customized Encounters.
- Convince the Mayor
- This Real Time Encounter is for PCs that need permission from someone in authority, in this case a Mayor. How will they talk to them and convince them to let them go someplace that is normally off limits.
- What you need to know to prepare the PCs for this encounter.
The best setup for this Encounter is to make sure in a previous Encounter or game that an area is established as "off limits" to most people. Then, put a quest goal in this area that the party needs to find.
Remind the party, if needed, that the best way to get into a place where they are not supposed to be is with permission. This can get them out of a whole lot of trouble if they try to sneak in or something. If they have permission, they will not have the hassle and potential danger of sneaking past guards, being caught in a place they are not supposed to be, or work yet ending dead because failed to sneak or fight their way in.
It can also be a great opportunity to learn more about the area they want to get into. If they don't tell anybody and just sneak in there are all kinds of secrets or dangers that might surprise them. Asking for permission they can easily get more information about why that area is off limits.
- Tactics the NPCs might use during this encounter.
- Tactics for this Encounter should be pretty straight up. With most authority figures they should be fine with being honest and explain the situation. Plus it should generally it easier. If they try to bribe their way or lie their way in this might turn out badly.
- Real Time Encounters Have No Direct Additional Content
- Their may be some NPCs involved.
- Their may be a maps or really any other extra accesory to embellish this encounter.
- See Setup and Details for information.
- What happens after the Encounter if the PCs win? What if they lose?
- The conclusion of this Encounter is pretty simple. If they are successful they can enter the area. If not, then the party will have to figure out another way in. Being successful offers other bonus like the guards will help instead of arrest them. They can come and go easily from the area and so on. Can even head back and ask more questions instead of having to figure everything out on their own.
- Images to Enhance the Encounter
- Encounter Images can be a wide range of things from a map, terrian picture, image of a clue or item, or maybe a puzzle. Use these to enhance your Encounter and add depth and flavor to your games.
Are you unhappy with the Encounters you have to pick from? Create your very own customized Encounter with our generator.