In the Fyxt Role Play Game a character’s Mind Trait represents their mental and intellectual prowess. It is similar to wrapping Intelligence and Wisdom from Dungeons and Dragons into one. Mind is one of the three main Traits that will make up your Fyxt RPG character’s foundation. Body and Spirit are the other two core Character Traits. Character Traits affect many different aspects of a Fyxt RPG character. These are automatically calculated in the Fyxt RPG character sheet. However, it is a boon to Fyxt RPG players to know what they affect.
Specific Character Aspects Affected By the Mind Trait
The Mind Trait specifically represents your character’s mental abilities, which are based off the Mind Trait. The Mind Trait is the main Trait for Mystics and should probably be the highest of the three character Traits.
- Mind Trait is most important for Mystics.
- Mind Trait increases Attack for Mystic Powers.
- Mind Trait increases Damage or Healing rolls for Mystic Powers.
- Mind Trait increases Mystic Power Point Pool.
- Mind Trait increases Mind Defense.
- Scholar and Religion Skills are increased by the Mind Trait.
Role Playing a Character’s Mind Trait
When you begin to build a Fyxt RPG character, remember the flexibility that makes Fyxt so different from other RPGs. Traditionally a high score on a character sheet means that character is always better than other characters.
In Dungeons and Dragons, someone with a high intelligence or wisdom was smarter than everyone else. This could be daunting if you were playing a character with “genius” intelligence when the player is required and expected to play smarter and better than anyone else. In the Fyxt RPG, the numbers are separated from the character role play. Players are certainly welcome to play a character with a high Mind Trait as being super smart. But they are just as welcome to play a “dumb” character with a high Mind Trait. Perhaps their character is just so dense that they have a high Mind Defense. Perhaps their jokes and comments are so unintelligible that easily break through an opponent’s defenses with a high Mind Attack.
In fact, in the Fyxt RPG, we encourage players to play characters which were never before possible. This is the core philosophy of the Fyxt RPG: to separate the numbers from the role play. It is fundamental in making a better RPG. It gives the players the freedom to play a character they want to play rather than a character they have to mold to a specific type.
Keeping this core Fyxt RPG philosophy in mind, here are just a few different ideas a player could use to apply to a high Mind Trait.
- The character has genetic or cybernetic enhancements.
- The character is a savant in a particular area.
- The character has sustained brain damage or is mentally handicapped.
- The character is educated.
- The character is uneducated.
- The character has a unique way of looking at the world.
- The character is from a foreign land and is hard for other characters to relate to.
- The character is simply super smart.
- The character is not very smart.
- The character is very wise in the ways of the world.
Any of these would explain a high Mind Trait and why these characters would have high Mind Defenses, Mind Attacks, and otherwise have a little something extra when it comes to the Mind Trait numbers. When a Character Trait in the Fyxt RPG is a 5, it will grant a +5 to things associated with that Character Trait. Players no longer have to worry about a 16 grants a +3 or a 7 is a -2. In the Fyxt RPG a 10, is a 10, granting 10.
So set your mind free in order to find the perfect set of character role play elements that will bring your character and their high Mind Trait to life!